CQ Publication Cycle
CQ publishes two double-season print journals a year:
Winter/Spring in January and Summer/Fall in May.
The Summer/Fall journal each year features a Folio on a particular theme.
NEXT: CQ dance journal, Volume 42 #2, Summer/Fall 2017
(Publication date: May 2017)
Includes articles, interviews, a folio on Improvisation and Philosophy, and the online CI Newsletter.
DEADLINE for submission of writings and graphics: February 1, 2017
CI Newsletter Deadline (online only): February 15, 2017
CQ UNBOUND—our online publishing wing:
Editorial material welcomed year round about dancing, performance, dancemaking, teaching, and improvisation. We review material and post articles year round on our website, so please send material whenever it's ready.
Help us broaden our outreach for CQ material: CURATE an article. Document the work of teachers, colleagues, students, and collaborators whose work excites, challenges, informs, and/or inspires you. Record WHATS HAPPENING around you in the field of dance, improvisation, and performance. Interview someone; take notes at a workshop; review a performance; write short snapshots/portraits of people, events, situations. Call or email us for encouragement, suggestions, specifications, and other details.
Not up for making an article but have something to say? Write a LETTER. We love getting mail from you and review all of our mail for possible publication. If you dont want your correspondence printed, please let us know.
CQ dance journal, Volume 43 #1, Winter/Spring 2018
(Publication date: January 2018)
Deadline for submissions of articles, writings, and graphics: Sept 1, 2017
CI Newsletter Deadline (online and in print): Sept 15, 2017
CQ welcomes your written and graphic contributions. Material that is succinct, requires little editing, and is accompanied by interesting graphics will be given first consideration. Please be patient while waiting for a reply; we review submissions for the print journal two times a year.
- Written Material
- Printed out or via email to .
- Include title, subtitle, byline, a short contributor note, and complete contact information for the author.
- Keep a copy of your manuscript—CQ will not return written material.
- Photos and graphics to accompany articles are strongly encouraged.
- Please get permission to reprint any copyrighted material before you send it.
- Let us know if your piece has been posted on the web, published, or submitted elsewhere.
- Graphic Material
- Photos: We are always looking for good dance pictures. Black and white photos of good contrast work best. Electronic images: please send compressed black & white 300 dpi .tiffs or .jpegs, with caption, photo credit, and names of people in an email or separate file to . If sending more than five images, please send in separate emails.
Set digital cameras to highest dpi setting before shooting (300 dpi max), and save images at a minimum of 10 inches wide. If you only have 72 dpi resolution, please save your file as large as possible inches-wise (25 inches wide minimum).
- Drawings: Black ink on white paper is best. Include captions and credits. Mail to address above or scan at 600 dpi and send in an email.
- Mailing: Enclose stamped, self-addressed envelope for photos and graphics you wish to be returned.