Anya Cloud [above] and Katherine Cook dancing in the Glimpse 3 project, directed by Nancy Stark Smith, at Velocity Dance Center, Seattle, WA, December 2016. photo © Blake Nellis.
|Donate $10||Donate $25||Donate $50|
|Donate $100||Donate $250||Donate $500|
|Donate $1000||Donate $2500||Donate $5000|
Click on the yellow Donate button to fill in your own amount. Any amount
is greatly appreciated. All donations are tax-exempt to the full extent of the law. Thank you.
"Contact Quarterly is essential reading for anyone who cares about innovative developments in choreography, technique, and bodily reeducation."
"Contact Quarterly is an international touchstone, weaving together a worldwide community of people exploring the rich depth of multidimensional movement as art, as science, as development, as education, as bodywork, as therapy, as psycho-social and political, as communication, as life experiences, and as contemplative practice."
—Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen
founder/director of Body-Mind Centering®
Nancy Stark Smith
Coeditor: Melinda Buckwalter
Editorial Associate: Lailye Weidman
Contributing Editors: Simone Forti, Karen Nelson, Andrea Olsen, Steve Paxton, Christina Svane
Graphic Design: Jill Apolinario
Office/Operations Mgr: Merricka Breuer
Ads/Marketing Mgr: Meredith Bove
Products/Shipping Mgr: Dawn Siebel
Webmaster: Daniel Lepkoff
CQ Advisory Board
Marlon Barrios Solano (consultant)
Sara Smith (consultant)
Contact Collaborations Board of Directors
Nancy Stark Smith
Dear friends of CQ,
CQ is a huge collaborative project, bringing together dancer-writers, photographers, interviewers, transcribers, artist book publishers, and many more.
With your support, we can continue to provide unparalleled primary source materials for dance inspiration and scholarship. Your 100% tax-deductible donation, of any amount, is vital to this project.
Our fundraising goal this year is $20,000.
Your gift by June 30th will help support our summer/fall publications and the significant projects already underway at CQ.
Thank you for your generous gift.
This year we are embracing new questions and forms arising in the field, seeking out voices of artists that are new to CQ, and continuing dialogues with trailblazers that have helped shape what we do—all while stewarding a 42-year (and growing) archive of dance writing and thinking.
- This year at CQ:
- Our return to 2 full print issues a year has our readers thrilled.
- We continue featuring a special-focus Folio, curated by a guest artist, in our Summer/Fall issues: see Contact/Dance Improvisation and Philosophical Thinking.
- Our commitment to increasing the presence and perspectives of those who have been underrepresented in CQ—specifically dance artists of color, multigenerations, and queer and trans voices—has been fruitful and inspiring to our readers and contributors.
- We’ve added another unique product to our distribution of self-published artist books and DVDs: Mike Vargas’s 86 Aspects of Composition deck of cards. Our catalog makes the work of many significant artists in our field accessible to an eager public.
- Our collaborations with other dance organizations to generate and publish material from the field are growing, including Velocity (Seattle), the School for Contemporary Dance and Thought (Northampton), and ImPulsTanz (Vienna).
- Translations of CQ articles, in multiple languages, will soon to be shared here on our website.
Why support CQ? Because you want us to continue to exist, serving contemporary dance and improvisation communities and individuals—like yourself—worldwide.
Thank you for carrying CQ into the future,
Nancy Stark Smith and Lisa Nelson
Contact Quarterly co-directors and co-editors
And all of us at CQ