Contact Quarterly/Contact Editions, dance magazine and book publisher/distributor, has served the worldwide dance community for over 43 years.
We are seeking an organized, detail-oriented Operations/Office Manager at our sunny office overlooking the Mill River in Florence, MA.
Responsibilities include both planning and administration. We are looking for someone to oversee all aspects of the business operations of the office on both a micro and macro scale. This position is in charge of all front end communications for the organization and is responsible for the day to day running of the office, including managing finances, circulation, inventory, and office equipment. This position is also responsible for working with the directors on long-term projects including grants, and is in charge of preparing quarterly and annual budget reports. This position works in coordination with the Products/Shipping Manager and Ad/Marketing Manager, and is the liaison to our accountant and bookkeeper.
The ideal candidate is a great communicator, sees the big picture and is also detail oriented, has the ability to work efficiently on multiple tasks, shows initiative, and feels comfortable leading others. Computer literacy is essential, as well as a sense of humor.
• Previous office experience (2-3 years minimum)
• Strong computer skills including financial and database management. Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel, Gmail Suite, and Open Office
• Financial management skills, including preparing budgets and reports
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, self-motivation, and ability to multi-task
• Ability to oversee basic computer and equipment troubleshooting
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks
• Familiarity with website management
• Supervisory Experience
• Experience or knowledge of the publishing industry
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The position is 23 hours a week at $16 an hour. We are looking for a minimum two year commitment in this key position.
Posted: February 1, 2018