CQ Advertising & Marketing Manager
Contact Quarterly seeks an enthusiastic, self-motivated addition to our publishing team as a part-time Advertising/Marketing Manager.
- Primary job duties include:
- Soliciting ads and communicating with advertisers for Contact Quarterly’s biannual publications.
- Coordinating the advertising calendar in conjunction with the editorial team.
- Writing and communicating advertising guidelines and deadlines with continuing and new advertisers.
- Tracking and organizing all ad reservations and submissions for Contact Quarterly, including display ads, text listings, and exchange ads.
- Coordinating invoicing and revenue in conjunction with the Office Manager.
- Continually monitoring the CQ Advertising email account throughout the year.
- Contributing to general marketing and publicity avenues for CQ, including envisioning and implementing new advertising and revenue-generating ideas, facilitating increased awareness of Contact Quarterly and Contact Editions, organizing and facilitating marketing meetings, attending bi-weekly staff meetings, and contributing to and overseeing marketing ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Literacy in social media and digital technology.
- The ability to work on a PC with Word, Excel, file sharing platforms and Google Drive.
- The ability to think broadly while maintaining fastidious attention to detail.
- A desire to work in a self-motivated manner, with a willingness to contribute to a team atmosphere.
- Experience in dance, non-profit organization, or the publishing industry is preferred.
- BA or higher education degree required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can spend time working in our sunlit office in the Arts and Industry Building in Florence, MA, but they will also be able to work remotely for some hours, if desired.
Hours and Pay:
This position is a flexible, part-time position. Hours for this position are up to 15 hours/week during the peak weeks of the publishing calendar (late August to early October; mid-January to early March) and reduce to 2-5 hrs/week during off-months, amounting to approximately 345 hours annually. Work time is flexible, but must include presence during bi-monthly staff meetings (during normal work hours). Compensation is $15 per hour.
Posted: May 19, 2017